Graham Taylor on GA Cohen

Thu Nov 25 00:36:39 MST 1999

Habermas' remarks on how Left Parties have taken up cultural and
constitution al modernbisation but abandoned any notion of econ0omic
redress are particularly relevant to an understanding of Blairism.

We had the same phenomenon in Australia with the Keating Labor government
supporting women, gays and blacks while attacking the working class through
enterprise bargaining.

there was a pre4dicatble backlash from the working class and they shifted
to voting Tory in large numbers.  They also voted down the referendum.

Perhaps Blair will foster the same kind of ressentiment.

regards

Gary