Adorno and Marcuse on the Student Movement

Macdonald Stainsby mstainsby at SPAMdojo.tao.ca
Mon Nov 29 01:37:33 MST 1999

Gary MacLennan <g.maclennan at qut.edu.au> said:

> Hi Dennis,
>
> Didn't Adorno invite the police onto the campus or something like
that? I
> read somewhere Frederic Jameson's description of this
as 'unpardonable'.

> regards
>
> Gary

Someone I know was recently refering to Jameson as a "post-modernist
Marxist". Now, I've only read stuff by Jameson that applied to after
the SU, but from what I read, this ain't accurate. What can people say
of the debate on this?

--
Macdonald Stainsby

check the "ten point platform" of Tao at: http://new.tao.ca

"To give food aid to a country just because they are starving is a
pretty weak reason."
   Henry Kissinger, 1974
(former American Secretary of State)