Present-day Class Distinctions (a real example)

Sat Oct 2 04:24:43 MDT 1999

Owen:

>  Oh dear oh dear. So this is what people have been talking about, you on
>PEN-L going round denouncing people and arguments as un-Marxist. It's not
>exactly a sound style of debate, is it. The fact is you did not have the
>sufficient knowledge to argue against Xxxzx's arguments on modern day class
>distinction, had too much pride to admit it, and so refused to debate with
>him with the excuse his arguments aren't Marxist. You've hardly convinced
>people of your point of view, have you, you just look silly. And how do
>people like you recruit non-Marxists to Marxism - or do you refuse to speak
>to someone unless they are a self-declared Marxist?

While I understand your frustration Owen, I agree with Carroll on this one.
I could no longer follow the thread either, once it began to be a mere place
for "what if's".
"What if they gave a war and nobody came?"
Is such silly dream world stuff, I'll pass, thanks.
The point should remain that, yes, class dynamics do indeed change, but
class analysis, our truest blue weapon, remains but a constant. I've spent
time arguing this with anarchists but rarely reds.

Macdonald