East Timor was Re: "They found absolutely nothing"

Wed Oct 13 17:34:39 MDT 1999

The situation in East Timor is beginning to look similar to that in
Kossovo, though at this stage one should still be cautious in the
conclusions one reaches.

Yet some of the reports of high profile deaths have turned out to be false.
Thus the director of Caritas who was supposed to be murdered, has turned up
alive.  Similarly an 82 year old nun who was supposed to be dead is also
alive.  Her 'fate' was the subject of a front page article in Brisbane's
Courier Mail.  We were all urged to pray for her soul.

There were of course killings, but it is beginning to look as if they were
nothing like on the scale that we were led to believe by the Murdoch Press.

I wonder, why? I must ask the DSP or one of their list proxies. They'd be
sure to know.

regards

Gary