Peace Arch demo misrepresented by Workers World.

Sun Oct 17 14:33:01 MDT 1999

>There is a Peace Bridge between the U.S. and Canada, near Buffalo NY.
>Scahill's article might be about an event that actually took place at the
>Peace Bridge in Buffalo at the same time as the action that took place at
>the
>Peace Arch. Thus, the misunderstanding. If that's the case it would be a
>good
>reason to look before leaping (to conclusions.)
>
>B. Hurst

This appears to be the case. I must admit the same feeling, although I can
state that I did check it out, but definitely not thoughroughly enough to
avoid this. I've seen far worse screw ups of details in articles, both
leftist and "mainstream". Nonetheless, My sincerest apologies to WW and
Scahill. Perhaps I will be accused of provocation, or at least idiocy.

Comradely apologies, comradely retractions.

Macdonald JE Stainsby

How many times have I wondered if it really possible to forge links with a
mass of people when one has never had strong feelings for anyone, not even
one's own parents; if it is possible to have a collectivity when one has not
been deeply loved oneself by individual human creatures. Hasn't this had
some effect on my life as a militant- has it not tended to make me sterile
and reduce my quality as a revolutionary by making everything a matter of
pure intellect, of pure mathematical calculation?
       ---Antonio Gramsci, 1926.