Oedipal Revolts (was Re: Doing a Kant)

Fri Oct 22 11:47:58 MDT 1999

>>> Jim heartfield <jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk> 10/21/99 07:12PM >>>As to "pop",
>better pop-psychology than pop-Marxism, I say.

Charles: If we only had pop-Marxism. You might even say, pop-Marxism is the only real
Marxism. In fact, I think that's what I want to be: A pop-Marxist. Can you imagine
whole sections of mass circulation bookstores filled with pop-Marxist books. Talk
radio and television guests as common as motivational speakers and self-help
lecturers. I'd even go for Marxist comic books and cartoons, Marxist pop music and
dances.

Of course, I'm a bit of a vulgar Marxist.

I think Jim has come up with something through negative dialectic.

CB