Bhaskar to the rescue was

Fri Oct 22 09:45:49 MDT 1999

Roy Bhaskar Interviewed
http://www.philosophers.co.uk/current/bhaskar.htm
Questions by Professor Chris Norris

>>> "Charles Brown" <CharlesB at CNCL.ci.detroit.mi.us> 10/22/99 09:51AM >>>
Yes , Bhaskar has been associated with developing a position called Critical Realism.
I just noticed that one of the positions Lenin polemicized against in _Materialism and
Empirio-criticism_ was called "critical realism". Someone named Yushkevich wrote _
Materialism and Critical Realism_.

CB

>>> Gary MacLennan <g.maclennan at qut.edu.au> 10/22/99 12:35AM >>>
Roy Bhaskar has a lot to say that is relevant here, especially in
_Dialectic: The Pulse of Freedom_ and _Plato Etc_. He also has a very good
essay on Marxist Philosophy - in a book the name of which escapes me at
present. It would certainly be wroth a discussion corner on this list.
Bhaskar is currently  I believe working on a fuller treatment of Marx and
Hegel.