Praxis

James Farmelant farmelantj at SPAMjuno.com
Fri Oct 29 13:16:20 MDT 1999

On Thu, 28 Oct 1999 19:24:55 -0400 Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu>
writes:
>To James Farmelant, Michael Hoover, et al:
>
>I just read the Lingua Franca article that James mentioned a while
>ago.  In
>case anyone is interested, here's the URL:
><http://www.linguafranca.com/9909/testbet.html>.
>
>How would you describe the trajectory of Praxis philosophers?

I can't say too much about the trajectory of the Praxis
philosophers since I haven't followed their careers very
closely in recent years.  It was my understanding that
the Praxis group had pretty much disintegrated with
the breakup of Yugoslavia, and the article pretty much
confirms that.

>  What do
>you
>think of the article?

I haven't looked at the article in a while but I seem
to remember it as being strongly anti-Serb in tone.
Also, it seemed to rely rather heavily on the views
of the former American editor of Praxis International,
Selya Benhabib, who teaches political philosophy at
Harvard.  (I might be a little biased in this regard
since back years ago when Benhabib was teaching
at Boston University, a cousin of mine took one of
her political philosophy classes and had a slight
run-in with her, so that may color my views of her).

Jim F.