Moderator's note

Craven, Jim jcraven at SPAMclark.edu
Thu Oct 28 09:48:58 MDT 1999

blkfoot5 at earthlink.net
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~blkfoot5
Opinion*

-----Original Message-----
From: Louis Proyect [mailto:lnp3 at panix.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 1999 8:14 AM
To: marxism at lists.panix.com
Subject: Moderator's note

>George: I do agree Bernie that much on this  list that passes for
communism is a disguised
>form of rabid nationalism. But then much of what passes itself off as
marxist has always
>exhibited this political character --petty bourgeois politics. However
there is no royal
>road to communism. Consequently among the tasks of revolutionary
communists is the
>exposure of the reactionary pervasive nature of petty bourgeois
nationalism.

There is no "rabid nationalism" or "petty bourgeois politics" on this list,
Pennefather. If you continue to characterize those you disagree with in
this manner, the only conclusion one can draw is that you have no intention
of regarding others as worthy of dialog, but only to be exposed like
reformist trade union bureaucrats or parliamentarians. I will not allow
this.

I created this list as a conscious attempt to separate from sectarians on
the Marxism lists which preceded it who thought that they were dealing with
"petty bourgeois" opponent betraying the working class. It appears now that
only you and Wool are thinking in these terms, while everybody else who
posts here refrains from these kinds of categorizations, no matter what
they think privately.

I am warning you that persistent attempts to polarize this forum around
categories such as "rabid nationalism" and "petty bourgeois politics" will
certainly get you thrown off. I have very little patience for these kinds
of attacks and have openly defined this mailing list as an alternative to
the sick factionalism of self-declared vanguard groupuscles. The next time
you make such types of characterizations, I will unsub you.

Louis Proyect