U.S. economy IS stronger than stats (used to) say

Nestor Miguel Gorojovsky nestor at SPAMsisurb.filo.uba.ar
Sat Oct 30 08:27:37 MDT 1999

El 30 Oct 99 a las 2:29, Dennis R Redmond nos dice(n):

> One should never say "never" when it comes to the
> ingenuity of capital to transcend its previous
> incarnations. Britain passed the torch of hegemony to the
> Pax Americana in the late Forties quite peacefully indeed.
>
> -- Dennis

One should never say never again, as James Bond already
knew. But the example Dennis is offering does not sound
quite convincing. Britain managed to become a partner in
Europe for the USA, something that cannot be conceived of
when we think of the whole Western European bourgeoisie as
a block.

In this sense, there is a conflict that cannot be hid
beneath the rug.

Nestor.