"MODERN SCIENCE is a product of capitalism"

Louis Proyect lnp3 at SPAMpanix.com
Wed Sep 1 13:47:57 MDT 1999

>Where I live here on the Oregon/Washington border, we have all sorts of
>physicists, geologists, anthropologists, economists etc claiming as "new
>discoveries", fundamental facts and relationships about "nature" and
>"society" that were explicitly or implicitly alluded to in Indian Lodge
>Tales going back hundreds of years.
>
>Jim C

Yes, and one of them apparently is on the verge of discovering Big Foot.

====
SPECIAL REPORT: Volume 50 Number 1 January/February 1997

Archaeological Institute of America

An 8,400-year-old skeleton found in Washington State has become the subject
of a legal battle between scientists, who want it studied, and the U.S.
Army Corps of Engineers, which was planning to turn it over to five
American Indian tribes, several of which want it reburied immediately. The
skeleton is one of the oldest ever found in the New World, more than 90
percent of it has been recovered, and enough organic material remains to
permit radiocarbon dating and DNA analysis.

On August 5, at the coroner's request, Chatters sent the left fifth
metacarpal (the bone joining the left little finger to the wrist) to R.
Ervin Taylor, Jr., of the University of California, Riverside, for
radiocarbon dating. . .

Later that month, anthropologist GROVER S. KRANTZ of Washington State
University examined the bones. The skeleton "cannot be anatomically
assigned to any existing tribe in the area, nor even to the western native
American type in general," he wrote to Chatters on September 2. "It shows
some traits that are more commonly encountered in material from the eastern
United States or even of European origin, while certain other diagnostic
traits cannot presently be determined."

====
SCIENTISTS CONVINCED THAT YETI DOES EXIST

By Nanette van der Laan in Moscow

The (London) Daily Telegraph October 23, 1997, Thursday

LUMBERING through an open clearing in a forest, an enormous, ape-like
creature looks straight into the camera. It is hairy, has no neck and its
long arms nearly reach the ground. After only a few seconds, the creature
moves on and is lost. But for an audience of international scientists, that
brief shot was enough to support their theory: the Abominable Snowman
exists. Several dozen scientists gathered in Moscow yesterday for a two-day
conference to discuss the Yeti, or Abominable Snowman, and its North
American counterpart, the brown-haired Big Foot. Dismissed by some as
crazy, the scientists are convinced that the Yeti is alive and provides the
missing link in the chain of human evolution. "Big Foot is real and it
concerns every human being on Earth for it pertains to the origin of man,"
said Dr GROVER KRANTZ, professor of anthropology at Washington State
University, one of the conference speakers. "If you asked me if UFOs exist,
I'd say 'no way'. But I've studied this creature and I'm 100 per cent sure
it is real."

Besides claiming to have found Big Foot tracks all across North America, Dr
KRANTZ, like his colleagues, says the grainy film shot in 1967 as ultimate
proof. "When I saw the film I was sure it was just a man in a suit," he
said. "But we've studied that film in every possible way and there is just
no way that it's a hoax." The footage, shot in California by a rancher, is
so revered that the conference was organised to coincide with its 30th
anniversary. In the former Soviet Union, where sightings of the "Snow Man"
or "Humanoid" are reported on a regular basis, the conference attracted
dozens of anthropologists, zoologists and even mathematicians. One by one,
professors hailing from the Arctic North, the Caucasus and the mountains of
Tajikistan climbed on to the rostrum to announce their findings.

The participants, displaying different alabaster casts of tracks found
around the world, believe the Yeti may be a living Gigantopithecus, an
anthropoid ape, the so-called link in the chain of human evolution. But
John Greene, a Canadian, acknowledges that until a Big Foot is found and
properly analysed, he will never be taken seriously. Dmitri Bayanov, the
author of Big Foot - Fact not Fiction, is convinced that it is just a
matter of time until he and his assembled Big Foot experts will be
respected for their work. "Just remember this: when scientists found fossil
remains and said they belonged to dinosaurs and Neanderthals, they were
also dismissed as crazy," he said.

Copyright © 1998 LEXIS®-NEXIS®, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights
reserved.

Louis Proyect