Edward Said

Julio Fernández Baraibar julfb at SPAMsinectis.com.ar
Sun Sep 12 11:26:40 MDT 1999

> There is a good interview in The Observer newspaper Sunday Sept 12, with
> this interesting Palestinian intellectual. He is the subject of an Zionist
> witchhunt with allegations that he is not really a Palestinian.This is
> financed by the junk bond dealer Millikan.
>
> Said is the major voice in the secular opposition to the Oslo sellout of
> the Palestinian cause. Arafat has settled for less than Bantustan
> status.The weakening of the secular Palsetinian forces because of the PLO
> betrayal has left the resistance in the hands of Hamas.

I agree. Said is today the most interesting palestinian intelectual. His
writings about the british colonialism are, for an argentinian, very sharp.
They light the particular relation that our upper class established
with Great Britain in a way that no many argentinian left intelectuals have
done.

Julio F.B.