Re(2): "Fascism" again, was Re: Chile

jbm7 at SPAMtutor.open.ac.uk jbm7 at SPAMtutor.open.ac.uk
Sat Sep 11 09:36:38 MDT 1999

The best book on fascism I read was Guerins "Fascism and big business"
Pathfinder. Guerin was a Trotskyist who later went to Anarchism. The
thesis was that the enraged petit bourgeois masses despairing of stability
swung between the two dominant classes the Bourgeoisie and the workers but
that the heavy industrial faction of the boiurgeoisie were the primary
backers of the Fascists. A lot more than this of course.

I tend to think that Chile had a right wing authoritian regime not full
blown fascism, though I appreciate that this would be somewhat academic to
someone being shopt ot tortured
Jim Monaghan