Woodrow Wilson's 14-pt formula

Louis Proyect lnp3 at SPAMpanix.com
Thu Sep 16 18:28:13 MDT 1999

At 11:44 AM 9/17/99 +1200, you wrote:
>Can anyone on the List recommend a good book (or books) which deal with the
>degree to which Woodrow Wilson's 14-pt formula which he proposed in January
>1918 (I think) was a response to the Russian Revolution and the Bolsheviks'
>positions on self-determination, publication of secret treaties, no
>reparations etc.
>
>Cheers,
>Philip Ferguson

Mark Jones recommended Arno Mayer's "Dynamics of counterrevolution in
Europe, 1870-1956; an analytic framework" highly to me as a biting critique
of the hyprocrisy of Wilsonian imperialism. I would also look into William
Appleman Williams' "From colony to empire; essays in the history of
American foreign relations". Finally, Lloyd Gardner's "Safe for democracy :
Anglo-American response to revolution, 1913-1923" would probably be good.
Gardner was closely associated with Williams.

Louis Proyect