Sorting Out the Enemy

Thu Sep 16 15:41:16 MDT 1999

>>> Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> 09/16/99 05:18PM >>>
Woodrow Wilson prepared for US entry into WWI by stressing the
need to create a new world order based on respect for the rights of small
nations. It would probably be a good idea to study the speeches and
articles of people like Carl Schurz, Mark Twain and William James to get
clues about how to formulate our opposition. James wrote, "God damn the US
for its vile conduct in the Philippine Isles."

Charles: Yes, Wilson's "make the world free for democracy" is a pretty generalized
statement of "humanitarian or human rights intervention".

And I say today, get the goddamn U.S. out of everywhere.

CB