Portugese Left on East Timor

Thu Sep 16 17:47:01 MDT 1999

Now this is interesting.  Again, it seems to be the CNRT connection that is
decisive in the pro-interventionist position.  I'm half expecting to see
some anti-interventionist positions coming out of other USec sections, or
out of the USec itself.

There's something a little odd though:
> It is very important for the PSR, as well as to the development of this
> spontaneous movement- and we have forgotten it for same days, because we
> were so requested by the people on the streets - that we keep a very
> close contact with the 4th International sections on East Timor,
> specially the Australian and Indonesian sections

As far as I'm aware there are no 'Australian and Indonesian sections'.
There's a handful of FI supporters in Australia, who can only very rarely
get their act together, and are not a functioning party.  In practice, the
Portuguese comrades probably mean the DSP and PRD, despite neither group
being FI members.

Alan Bradley
alanb at elf.brisnet.org.au