East Timor

Sun Sep 12 21:47:56 MDT 1999

> From: Carrol Cox
> Alan Bradley wrote:
>
> > Some of us apparently see it as an Imperialist plot now!
>
> Could you specify, Alan? Whose positions would you describe in
> this way?

Oh, damnation, I shot my mouth off again without thinking!  I wasn't being
particularly serious.

You are correct, of course, to not let me get away with it.

Well, I would have to list Nestor, and Jared Israel, with the following
quotes as evidence:

(Nestor:)
> I do particularly like these paragraphs:
(Jared:)
> > [...] the left is simply in gaga land concerning Clinton's
> > goals in Indonesia.  [...]Now, [...] we have
> > Holbrook warning that unless the Indonesians buckle under
> > "the whole area could be destabilized" -- which is
> > precisely what Holbrook says when he is about to
> > destabilize an entire area.  This is a deliberate policy
> > to breakup Indonesia, just as most everyone in Indonesia
> > is beginning to suspect.

I might also have to mention Macdonald Stainsby, who seems to be calling
for
abstention from the movement in support of the Timorese.  This would, of
course, be a most bizarre option in Australia, for starters.

Alan Bradley
alanb at elf.brisnet.org.au