(GLW): Australia quietly resumes military aid to Indonesia

Wed Aug 2 07:18:18 MDT 2000

> From: Tony Abdo
> I assume Max is an Australian citizen.    So I am somewhat interested in
> why he does not also call for the dismantling of the Australian security
> forces.     Wouldn't this be the best way to actually go about
> dismantling the Indonesian security forces?      The article mentions a
> flow of money,  by way of the Australian military to the Indonesian
> military.
>
> Yes.. Yes.. I know, that 'ordinary Indonesians.... are crying out for
> Western goverments not to continue to give political legitimacy to the
> TNI'.     And they probably haven't asked that the Australian security
> forces be disarmed?    Still.....    Maybe Max should take the intiative
> here for them?      Has he done so on other occasions, and called for
> the dismantling of the Australian military?

Max has spent decades documenting the perfidious role of the Australian
state in southeast Asia.  He has proved time and again that it consistently
acts against the interests of the Australian working class, (which are the
same as the interests of the working classes in Indonesia, the Philippines
and so on).

He has shown that the Australian state is an enemy of the Australian
working class.  Does he really have to join in the dots?

Alan Bradley
alanb at elf.brisnet.org.au