Hobsbawm and the Analitic History

Ivonaldo Neres Leite ivonaldo.leite at SPAMnetc.pt
Fri Aug 4 04:32:04 MDT 2000

Gary,

I don´t debate the internal situation from Ireland. So don´t debate also the
Hobsbawm's position about it. Although what me interest is his historical
method,  I don´t agree he is pro-Imperialism. This is a sectarian position.
It's good to remember as Hobsbawm defined Tony Blair: "He is a Thatcher just
he uses trousers".

Well, about his historical method I think is a blunder we deny Hobsbawm's
marxist inspiration. Who read his books knows this. The background is
marxist.

Hug,
Ivonaldo Leite