Eating grass

ÁÎ×Ó¹â Henry C.K.Liu ¹ù¤l¥ú hliu at SPAMmindspring.com
Fri Aug 4 08:50:34 MDT 2000

This story is incomplete.

Here is the ending:

Then the rich man said: "but all of you would have to clean my house and cook
for my family and wash the dishes and clothes in return for my kindness.  I can
guarantee you and your children grass to eat as long as the sun shines, but you
must let me rent you out to my other rich neighbors and not make separate
arrangements with them, otherwise you will destroy your own job security."

The two poor families were very happy that they were so luck and they realized
that their good fortune was a reward from their devotion to God.

The next day, another poor family who heard about the good deal came and wanted
in.  The two poor families banned together and chased them away, killing two of
the 10 children of the intruding family in the process. They justified their
actions to their own children by telling them that the intruding family did not
believe in God and therefore deserved the punishment.

The rich man nods in approval as he returns from market with grass insecticide.
  But he laments the intolerance of the poor.

Henry