Hobsbawm and the Analitic History

James M. Blaut 70671.2032 at SPAMcompuserve.com
Fri Aug 4 16:24:53 MDT 2000

I agree with Gary 100%. Hobsbawm is hopeless on thenational question and he
doesn't understand imperialism.

In my outofprint book _The National Question: Decolonizing the Theory of
Nationalism_ (Zed 1987),  chapter  4 is entitled "Hobsbawm on the
Nation-State."
I hit him very hard.

Jim Blaut

P.S. My book _The Colonizer's Model of the World, Volume 2: Eight
Eurocentric Historians_ is coming out this month (Guilford Press, NY). I
don't have a chapter on Hobsbawm though I thought of writing one.