Hobsbawm and the Analitic History

fernando ffelix at SPAMsinectis.com.ar
Fri Aug 4 17:11:31 MDT 2000

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Ivonaldo Neres Leite <ivonaldo.leite at netc.pt>
Para: marxism at lists.panix.com <marxism at lists.panix.com>
Fecha: Viernes, 04 de Agosto de 2000 07:31 a.m.
Asunto: Re: Hobsbawm and the Analitic History

Gary,

I don´t debate the internal situation from Ireland. So don´t debate also the
Hobsbawm's position about it. Although what me interest is his historical
method,  I don´t agree he is pro-Imperialism. This is a sectarian position.
It's good to remember as Hobsbawm defined Tony Blair: "He is a Thatcher just
he uses trousers".

Well, about his historical method I think is a blunder we deny Hobsbawm's
marxist inspiration. Who read his books knows this. The background is
marxist.

Hug,
Ivonaldo Leite

Seria otro ejemplo de como se puede ser colonialista y proimperilista con un
background  marxista, mientras se hace politica de izquierda en la
metropoli.

saludos
Fernando Lavayen