Hobsbawn, Science and Stalinism

Ivonaldo Neres Leite ivonaldo.leite at SPAMnetc.pt
Mon Aug 7 06:00:20 MDT 2000

I am analysing now some message about the debate "Hobsbawm and Analytic History"
that I started and I think there is a serious problem in the argumentations.
It's the conception of science. It remebers the stalinist conception of science,
a limited conception because it to see always the science as a  bourgeois
ideology. So the marxists would need to creat the proletarian science, Lyssenko
is a classical example of this. It's a ironic paradox to see Joseph
Vissarianovitch Stalin to continue influencing the conception of science.
Ivonaldo Leite