Forwarded from Michael Hoover

Louis Proyect lnp3 at SPAMpanix.com
Sat Aug 12 10:16:29 MDT 2000

(This was bounced because it came from the postmaster of Michael's ISP
rather than him, for some odd reason.)

> In the state of Oregon, the "Department of Corrections" offers prisoners
> as cheap labor to businesses.  I guess this is indicative of the essence
> of free enterprise.
> Chris Brady

Go to just about any search engine and type in Prison Industries
Enhancement Program and you'll get bunch of sites.  PIE (as in
get a piece?) was established by Dem majority Congress/Dem prez
in 1979.  Pretty sure most states participate.

Re. Oregon, does incarcerated labor there still make line of jeans
called "Prison Blues?"    Michael Hoover

Louis Proyect