AW: AW: Jihad and Revolution in Chechnya

Julio Pino jpino at SPAMkent.edu
Sat Aug 12 12:15:15 MDT 2000

At 02:55 PM 8/12/00 +0200, you wrote:

>-----
>Dear Comrade Julio
>
>Thanks for Your response.
>
>1) I think, that marxists anywhere in the world who are in solidarity with
>anti-imperialist movements (or nationalist movements in former deformed or
>degenerated workers states) in another spot of this planet are in no way
>obliged to embrace the political line or the ideology of any party,
>organization or guerrilla force which is struggling there.

Kurt: I wholly concurr with your point #1.Adapting to a liberation movement
or nationalist current does not mean tailing it or remaining silent about
its abuses.

>2) I do not think at all that the future of marxism lies in adapting to
>Islam or Chavez. Since Bernstein we witnessed so many adaptions of marxism
>to hostile currents, and the outcome was never good or even "progressive".
>I think, the future of marxism lies in trying to break away working people
>from movements and ideologies which are preserving class-societys,
>patriarchalic or racist societies. Of course, that cannot happen in an
>ultimatistic and sectarian way; but otherwise, marxism wold not have the
>slightest reason to exist as a distinct movement.

Point #2. Here were are in disagreement, since I think trying to
"break-away working people" from Islam/Chavez/Hamas et al is bound to end
in sectarianism any way you look at it. But, as I've said, I will write a
longer post on this later.
Your comrade
Julio Cesar