Talking to Christians was Re: To CYeats was Re: a quick query

Norman Mikalac mikalac at SPAMworldnet.att.net
Mon Aug 14 02:04:29 MDT 2000

seems like the powerful, whatever their occupation, tend to work
together as a class with common interests and likewise the powerless
work with each other as a class.

powerful church prelates share common interests and work toward common
goals with powerful political prelates.  that's one class.

powerless church parish priests identify with the powerless workers with
whom they share common interests and goals.  that's another class.

in other words, we have to look for "classes" within the church as well
as within the polity.  sort of like the church and political bourgeosie
vs. the church and political proletariat.

norm