Self Determination- Support It!

Julio Pino jpino at SPAMkent.edu
Fri Aug 18 12:37:38 MDT 2000

At 11:35 AM 8/18/00 -0500, you wrote:
To paraphrase Will Rogers, your self-determination ends where my nose begins.
Why should we support self-determination for Russia, when it is once again
a prison-house of nations? Russia is a "weak" capitalist state, but so are
Spain and France. Are against Basque self-determination, too? Viva Euzkhadi
Libre!

You've created an odd-bag here, Tony. China, a worker's state, is lumped
together with Russia,an imperialist wannabe state, with Iraq, a former
client state of the US, with the Balkans(whatever that means).This is
geopolitics, not Marxian analysis of the national question.
Regards,
Julio Cesar