Why should we care about yesterdays propaganda?

Owen Jones owen_jones at SPAMcwcom.net
Sat Aug 19 06:06:08 MDT 2000

 Again to add to what comrade Johannes has said, but later on in the first
article that he quotes ("Figures put on Serb killings to high") there
features a portion of a statement by NATO spokesman, Mark Laity.

 Perhaps comrades would be interested to know about the CV of Mark Laity,
who is also the personal secretary to Secretary General George Robertson.
His former career? As the Defence Correspondent for the BBC during the NATO
war. Every day we had to suffer his parroting of NATO propaganda as he
discussed the day's bombing events which he recounted with some delight. The
new NATO leader was so impressed by his BBC impartiality that he just
couldn't lead the most power imperialist alliance in history without him. He
never really swapped jobs.

 Such is the bourgeois "free" press.

 Owen

> Two reports from Fridays British Guardian:
>
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,355738,00.html
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,355731,00.html
>
> What is remarkable is that it is the very Guardian, that was in the
> frontline of the cruise-missile liberals.
>
> Johannes
>
> Figures put on Serb killings too high

 [...]