[L-I] Re: a clip of bourgeois news on Colombia

Johannes Schneider Johannes.Schneider at SPAMgmx.net
Thu Aug 17 16:29:17 MDT 2000

Owen,

first of all welcome back to L-I.

I agree with most of what you have said about the need for
peasant-worker alliance and the class character of guerilla movements,
but havent there been historic examples of rural guerilla armies winning
state power without the active support of the urban working class?

I am thinking of China, Cuba, Nicaragua and more recently
Eritrea/Ethiopia, Uganda, Ruanda and Congo/Zaire. Perhaps I am lumping
together too many different cases but sometimes we have to question our
dogma in the light of historic evidence.

Johannes