china rice growing experiment

Michael Perelman michael at SPAMecst.csuchico.edu
Tue Aug 22 09:23:51 MDT 2000

Long ago, I knew a young student whose father was a retired Air Force
General and an undersecretary at the Dept. of Ag.  Based on what I told
him, he began to argue with his father, who later got the department of
agriculture to appoint a committee to study the problem of monoculture.
Those scientists who lived through the depression mostly agreed with me.
The young ones did not.  The final report was not very encouraging, so I
wrote the minority report.

The US has been coercing countries around the world to adopt monoculture
-- moreso now with the genetically modified seeds.

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department

Tel. 530-898-5321