china rice growing experiment

Michael Perelman michael at SPAMecst.csuchico.edu
Tue Aug 22 10:11:07 MDT 2000

Carrol, you are correct.  One use of the term is economic.  Banana republics
become dependent on monoculture ....  The other refers to the genetic diversity
within the field -- same crop, different varieties.

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department

Tel. 530-898-5321