Self Determination- Support It!

Sat Aug 26 18:13:40 MDT 2000

En relación a Re: Self Determination- Support It!,
el 26 Aug 00, a las 9:54, Louis Proyect dijo:

> Basically, Tony is worried about 'Balkanization'. This phenomenon in
> itself is of no great interest to Marxists. Our criterion is whether a
> particular struggle for self-determination advances the class
> struggle. Period.

Next paragraph:

What must be established in the Chechen case is whether that
particular struggle for self-determination advances the class
struggle or, conversely, reinforces both the grip of the Western
bourgeoisies over the Caucasus and of the most reactionary elements
in Russia over the Russian population.

Semi-colon.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar