Ground rent

Louis Proyect lnp3 at SPAMpanix.com
Sat Aug 26 08:49:45 MDT 2000

To assist Anthony with his research, I scanned in the chapter on
agriculture from Ernest Mandel's V.1 of "Marxist Economic Theory" and put
it out on the Marxism website: (http://www.marxmail.org/mandel.htm)

While proofreading it, I was astonished to see how he tied a seemingly
abstract question to the plight of agricultural wage-earners, soil erosion
and 'overpopulation'. This is the model for Marxist economists, needless to
say, that one can find in Michael Perelman's writings, for example.

I was fortunate to have heard Mandel in person numerous times in the 1960s
and 70s, prior to the cold split in the world Trotskyist movement. For
those of you who are not familiar with his work, I suggest that you take a
look at this chapter on agriculture.

Louis Proyect