Did Lincoln free the slaves?

Art McGee mcgee at SPAMwell.com
Wed Aug 30 02:05:35 MDT 2000

I don't mean to be rude, but Lerone Bennett, Jr. is the
Negro who edits Ebony Magazine, one of the most reviled
pieces of bourgeois trash ever to hit the newsstands, so
hated that even middle and upper-middle class Black people
talk shit about it. If you think that Black people talk bad
about Robert Johnson and BET, you should hear what they've
been saying for years about Ebony.

It's a bit late for Mr. Bennett to try and rescue his image
by publishing this book. He's done more symbolic damage in
his life to Black people than Lincoln and all his cronies
put together.

Frankly, at this moment, I'm less worried about the myth of
Abraham Lincoln as an emancipator, and more worried about
the myth of Lerone Bennett, Jr. as competent human being.

Art