Wallace and Nader query

Xxxx xxxxxxx at xxxxxx.xx
Wed Aug 30 02:09:45 MDT 2000

Interesting, as always, Sol. I'm just finishing up reading Dobbs' Teamster series and
in the last book he recounts a
discussion the SWP leadership had with Trotsky on the 1940 election. Trotsky had
argued that the SWP should give
critical support to CPUSA leader Earl Browder's campaign for President. Cannon, Dobbs
et al rejected the suggestion
though feeling they'd alienate anti-Stalinist workers. Writing in  the 1970s Dobbs
concluded that Trotsky had been
correct and that he and the SWP leadership had erred. Too bad Dobbs died before
finishing his Revolutionary
Continuity series, it would have been interesting to see if Dobbs changed his mind
about Wallace as well.

Xxxx