Forwarded from Jim Hurd

Louis Proyect lnp3 at SPAMpanix.com
Wed Aug 30 08:10:02 MDT 2000

        Perhaps the most interesting feature of the McReynolds campaign
was how it came about.  David didn't want to run for President, and as I
recall was of the opinion that the SP shouldn't run a Presidential
campaign at all--David can correct me if I'm wrong.  That was certainly my
position.

        A number of SP/YPSL members started a draft campaign.  It
immediately waqs recieved with a great deal of enthusiasm within those
circles and some intrest in the broader left.   They were right, I was
wrong

Louis Proyect