Holland: the new killing fields

Thu Dec 7 14:32:02 MST 2000

I agree with Mac here totally.  My mother at the end had a life without
dignity.  She chose to live on and clung as hard as she could. The doctors
could not believe how long she lasted in her final coma. That was her
choice. I respected that and so did the rest of the family though many of
us prayed for her to let go and die.

However had she herself wanted to die then she should have had that option.

I also have a dear sweet friend who is over 85.  She is terrified of a life
of dependence on others.  She too should not be forced to stay on this
earth any longer than she wants to.

regards

Gary