Replying to Marta was re: Holland: the new killing fields

Marta Russell ap888 at SPAMlafn.org
Thu Dec 7 16:13:20 MST 2000

I suspect we won't agree --
but I would just add one more point.  A person like your friend
can die anytime that they want without the assitance of a medical
professional.  Bringing the medical profession into it is a
recipe for disaster IMHO.  My fears are based in historical fact.
Historically, disabled persons have been viewed as burdens on
society and euthanized by doctors, eugenicized by scientists, and
otherwise done away with by other institutions.  It is out of
knowledge that I take the position that I do.

best,
marta

--
Marta Russell