victimology

Xxxx Xxxxx Xxxxxx xxxxxxxx at xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Mon Dec 11 13:52:15 MST 2000

> >Have you been involved in any US-Mexico cross-border solidarity work?
> Have you read any other article by Debbie Nathan than the _Nation_
> article you mentioned (or have you even read it, aside from what you
> heard from Doug)?  Anything written by David Bacon?  Heard of Han
> Young workers' struggles in Tijuana?
>
> Yoshie

Leaving aside the absurdity of these questions for a while, it seems that some
of the political organizing  in maquiladoras are  organized by *foreign
maquiladora corporations* (such as Daewoo Electronics Corporation of America)
demanding protection for their workers for the fear of not loosing them, thus
guaranteeing better job conditions for their workers _only_. So I wonder who is
a *history maker* here in addition to women maquiladora organizers. It seems
bourgeoisie is becoming hypocritical again, in search of humanist imperialism!

Smilar to the same civil society stuff that Lou criticized in his NACLA  post.

Mine

--

Xxxx Xxxxx Xxxxxx
PhD Student