LBO'ers reflect on 'globalization'

Tue Dec 12 11:37:23 MST 2000

Henry:

>But they all speak in Englsih which is infested with Enlightenment liberalism
>cultural hegemony.  More over, that is at best distorted communication, with
>repalcement of urgency by instantaneity. enables the abstraction of oppression
>and encourages the illusion that discussion solves the problems of blood and
>gut.

I agree with you, but if I wrote in Japanese, nobody here --
including you probably -- would understand me.  Besides, I will need
a specialized piece of software for that.

>There is only one way to resist globalization: refuse to participate all all
>levels.

Tell that to the Chinese Communist Party!  Well, on second thoughts,
I suppose that you've been telling exactly that to them for a
while....

Yoshie