Moderator's note

Tue Dec 12 22:04:16 MST 2000

At 07:25  12/12/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Doug Henwood just unsubbed.

For what it is worth I support Lou here.  Doug dipping in and out for a
quick raid is the worst kind of behaviour. I like Doug and the row between
himself and Lou has seemed a real shame to me.  But there are political
differences between them and I invariably find myself agreeing with Lou.
The differences between Lou and me have to do with my firm suspicion that
he is a SWP moderate who will be out there chanting "legal peaceful" when I
am trying to egg on the bomb throwers.

But all fantasies apart in this conjuncture the last thing we need is for
quarrels from other lists being dragged onto this one.  As someone who is
not on Pen-L or LBO let me assure those who are multiply subscribed that it
is a genuine pain to see battles from other lists fought out here. I do not
wage battles from Queer Left or the Bhaskar List on to this and I do not
see why others should not

I would make this public appeal now to Yoshie to quarantine off her
material from other lists.  I know this might seem harsh and it might cause
pain.  That is not my intention.  Rather I wish to see this list grow and
prosper and do the political work its founder set himself and us to achieve.

regards

Gary