Lenin & Gramsci contra Weber (was Re: Weber against Marx)

Wed Dec 13 00:08:58 MST 2000

Xxxx:

>By presenting child and women prostitutes as *resisting beings*,
>aoutonomous crowd refutes the sex workers thesis that prostitutes are victims
>of sexual abuse, violence and capitalist exploitation.  Here you have "active
>agency" instead of exploited beings, which matches with the libertarian
>conclusion of women having the right to sell their bodies!

Taking note of resistance even amongst the most exploited & oppressed
is not at all the same as taking a "libertarian" position.  In fact,
one of my criticisms of Eugene Genovese is that he minimizes -- to
the point of insignificance -- resistance on the part of American
slaves.

Yoshie