Forwarded from Anthony (Bush victory)

Jose G. Perez jg_perez at SPAMbellsouth.net
Tue Dec 19 20:17:49 MST 2000

>>Based on post-Seattle police tactics, the movement is going to
be spending more than enough time in court without leftists rushing
on their own initiative to grab that tar baby.<<

Don't know if you realize the etymology of the term "tar baby." Go research
it. It is not entirely unrelated to the next point, I think you will find.

You and many others on  this list are making the same mistake on the fight
around the Florida recount. You accept entirely the way the bourgeois media
has framed the question, which is that this was a solely a continuation of
the Bore/Gush fight for the presidency. Something much more important than
who gets to play president on TV news for the next four years was involved,
however. And that is the right of Black people to vote.

José