pen-l list?

Wed Dec 20 05:26:27 MST 2000

En relación a Re: pen-l list?,
el 19 Dec 00, a las 20:06, Yoshie Furuhashi dijo:

> Hi George:
>
> >What is the pen-l list? Can someone enlighten me?
>
> Here's a link to the PEN-l archive:
> <http://csf.colorado.edu/mail/pen-l/>.  PEN is an acronym for
> Progressive Economists Network. The moderator is Michael Perelman.  I
> recommend it highly to anyone interested in a forum on economics &
> related political topics with participants ranging from Marxists to
> Greens to left-Keynesians.  If you sub, ignore Brad De Long, Neil, &
> Ricardo Duchesne.  Look for posts by Patrick Bond, Carrol Cox, Eugene
> Coyle, Jim Devine, Ken Hanly, Marty Hart-Landsberg, Michael Hoover,
> Sam Pawlett, Michael Perelman, Stephen E. Philion, Paul Phillips,
> Seth Sandronsky, Michael Yates, among other folks.

I differ with Yoshie here. It is simply impossible (it was for me) to ignore
Spruille Braden De Long, not had too much of an exposition to Ricardo Duchesne
(though I bumped on him once or twice). The other folks (and Yoshie herself)
are a good bunch, true. But the problem is that the general coloration of the
list is not established by them but by the ones that should be ignored. It is
puzzling to see how can you "ignore" people who are everpresent in a list, and
who set the general atmosphere (the excellent moderator nonwithstanding). I
prefer to meet

> Patrick Bond, Carrol Cox, Eugene
> Coyle, Jim Devine, Ken Hanly, Marty Hart-Landsberg, Michael Hoover,
> Sam Pawlett, Michael Perelman, Stephen E. Philion, Paul Phillips,
> Seth Sandronsky, Michael Yates,

Yoshie Furuhashi and others elsewhere. Why not to meet where there are no bores
making sensible conversation impossible?

Yoshie might now answer that my contributions on Argentinean economic and
politic history to PEN-L were very good, and that she learnt very much from
them, and that they were triggered by Spruille Braden De Long's gorilla
viewpoint. Well, I did not need that to spell my ideas out. If asked to, I
would have gladly and more at ease comment them on L-I and Marxism.

In the end, I feel Michael Perelman is an excellent guy (whose work, shame on
me, have not read and since I have seen some comments I am beginning to feel
that I am REALLY missing something), but the list he painstakingly leads is not
exactly my idea of a good cup of tea. A pity, because a REAL list of
progressive (I would have rather "revolutionary") economists is a real
necessity today.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar