God & Bhaskar

Thu Dec 21 05:06:04 MST 2000

Thank you for this John.  Very erudite.  I will chase up some of the
references. -So much to read.

I endorse of course your call for caution and the demanding of the highest
standards.  But actually I think that the test to be applied here is quite
a simple one.  Is one on the side of  power or of emancipation?  In
materialist terms it was all said in the old song

Down in Harlan County
There are no neutrals there.
You'd either be a unionist
Or a thug for J. H. Blair.

Which side are you on boy?
Which side are you on?

Charlatans like Deepak Chopra are of course pro- capitalist.  They live off
and support the status quo.  I once heard him talk of how he urged rich
people to rejoice in their wealth.  It reminded me of Deng Xiao Ping and
earlier Bukharin's talk of 'to be rich is glorious.'

My point here is that we need to demand the highest standards of
everyone.  Not all tricksters wear beads and sit in triangles.  Some of
them can quote from Capital.

regards

Gary