Religion -- or the lack of it -- should be up to the individual

Danielle Ni Dhighe morrigan at SPAMmorrigan.net
Sat Dec 23 19:33:40 MST 2000

I have to agree with the subject line.  Religion is a personal matter.  As
Marxists we shouldn't shirk from criticizing religion as a prop for ruling
class ideology, but we must also recognize that some of our allies may be
religious people and that there is even a tiny minority of Marxists who
hold spiritual beliefs.  If religion withers away after a successful
revolution, so be it.  If it doesn't, it doesn't.  Worrying about that
before a successful revolution is fruitless.

Danielle Ni Dhighe * morrigan at morrigan.net * http://www.morrigan.net/
"Organize now, tomorrow may be too late." - Vol. Patsy O'Hara, INLA