gloss on Marx

Michael Yates mikey+ at SPAMpitt.edu
Sun Dec 24 18:06:27 MST 2000

I am reading a rather remarkable gloss on Marx's Capital.  It is in
three long volumes, nearly 2000 pages.  The author is an Indian by the
name of Ranganayakamma, and it was originally published in the Telugu
language.  It was written so that relatively unlettered workers could
grasp Capital.  It is really a wonderful work.  It repeats things over
and over until nearly anyone, save academic economists (!!), can grasp
them.  And it has a subtle humor about it as well.  Does anyone on the
list know anything about Ranganayakamma?  I would really like to know.
The books are published in English by Sweet Home Publications in
Hyderabad.

Michael Yates