A question for Alan was Re: carrol and lou on religion

Fri Dec 29 12:02:50 MST 2000

>  > All I am saying is that it seems to me not too many of the discussions on
>>  this site lead to activity... or am I missing something here?
>
>You seem to expect a maillist to embody the whole life of the
>subscribers to it. I would not at all be surprised but what a
>goodly sprinkling of the lurkers are people involved deeply
>in political activity who subscribe to this list for entertainment.
>Is there anything wrong with communists having some pleasure
>in life?
>
>Carrol

I agree with you on all the points made in the post, but I think that
the atmosphere of discussion may improve if we are to see more of our
lives on the list.  For instance, in the real world, working with the
religious must be a matter of practical necessity, not a debatable
point, for all posters & lurkers here.  The only interesting question
is _how_, not _whether_.

Yoshie