Nostradamus' Prophesy of Bush

Fri Dec 29 17:27:09 MST 2000

At 02:15  29/12/00 -0800, you wrote:

>       In 1555, Nostradamus wrote:
>
>       "Come the millennium, month 12,
>        In the home of greatest power,
>        The village idiot will come forth
>        To be acclaimed the leader."
>

>BTW, according to the Mayan Prophesies, the world is coming to an end in the
>Mayan year equivalent to 2012 A.D.
>
>Have a happy [few remaining] new year[s]

Jim,

>I do not have a copy of Nostradmus handy so I cannot check to see if you
>are pulling our legs or not. If Nostradamus did not say this he ought to
>have, for village idiot he is.  An authentic manifestation of the
>phenomenon of the regression towards the mean and lower.  But the true
>problem with this idiot is not that he cannot read the difference between
>"century" and "country". (BTW that accounts for the famous mess he made of
>his speech on the Holocaust). Many,  very many decent people cannot make
>that distinction either. The true problem is that his is the heart of
>absolute darkness.

But the dialectic never dies, and out of the Republican electoral swindle
of the Afro-Americans will come an enormous crisis of legitimation, that
not even the Rev Jesse can disguise.

As for the Mayan prophecies, I think the important thing to bear in mind is
that fortune tellers do not get time correct.  For instance Wilde and Bosie
were assured by a card reader that Wilde's fateful prosecution of the
Marquis of Queensbury would turn out well. Oscar proceeded with his case
and the rest is history. However one century later the card reader could be
said to be correct could he not?

When I hear of people looking into the seeds of time to tell which grain
will grow and which will not, I am reminded of what the Spaniards said
about the Inca priests who couold hear the voices of the gods. The
Spaniards said, "They hear nothing to their own good".

regards

Gary