Reply on Religion and Marxism: 2

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at SPAMjuno.com
Fri Dec 29 19:04:58 MST 2000

On 29 Dec 2000 14:50:29 -0800 gyanananda at 123india.com writes:
> Reply on Religion and Marxism: 2
>
> We now continue with discusion of religion and Marxism.
>
> Mr Jim Farmelant write:
>

> >From what I have seen of the literature, the
> >gate control theory has been pretty successful
> >at explaining accupuncture ( as well as most
> >other phenomena relating to pain).
>
> Quite interesting. Perhaps you can explain
> rudiments of this theory and its emprical
> verification?

See the following web pages.  The third one is a paper by
Ronald Melzack who co-originated the gate theory along
with P.D. Wall back in the 1960s.  I think the following web
pages do a better job of outling the gate theory including
its application to the understanding of acupuncture, than
I could hope to do.

http://www.vanderbilt.edu/AnS/psychology/health_psychology/Acupuncture.ht
http://www.wellweb.com/pain/overview.htm

http://www.alternatives.com/raven/cpain/MELZACK2.HTML